10 Premier League Data & Facts: Manchester United vs Leeds United
rancakmedia.com – Manchester united vs leeds united is present in the series of matches in the first week of the 2020/2021 Premier League. Here are the data and facts about the match.
The match between the two teams that once had fierce resistance in several periods of the Premier League, including during the Premier League era in the early 1990s, will be played on Saturday (14/8) evening WIB. The MU vs Leeds match is scheduled to kick-off at 18.30 WIB.
Manchester united vs leeds united After finishing as runners-up last season, Manchester United, now coached by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, hopes to win the Premier League for the first time since 2013 during the last period of Sir Alex Ferguson's tenure.
The joining of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund for a transfer of 73 million pounds sterling and Raphael Varane from Real Madrid, who will be announced soon after the clinical tests are completed, is expected to increase the capabilities of Solskjaer's troops.
Ahead of the match, here are Opta's data and facts about the Man United vs Leeds United match in the Premier League:
- Since 1970/1971, only this time again Manchester United and Leeds United will face in the first week of the Premier League top unit. At that time, Leeds won 1-0 at Old Trafford through Mick Jones' goal. In the process, Leeds finished the season in second place.
- Leeds are winless against Manchester United in their last 16 league visits at Old Trafford (D6 L0) since last winning 1-0 in February 1981. On their last visit last season, Leeds lost 6-2. Old Trafford is the stadium where Leeds have won less often (13) than at any other stadium in the Premier League.
- Manchester United lost their first game in the Premier League last season, losing 1-3 to Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. MU has never lost in a row at the top unit season opener since the 1972/1973 and 1973/1974 seasons, when it finally declined.
- Leeds had 14 consecutive seasons without losing in the top unit opening party, in the 1990/1991 and 2003/2004 periods. But last season Leeds were finally beaten by Liverpool with a score of 3-4. The last time Leeds lost the opening two games in a row were in 1980/1981 and 1981/1982.
- In the Premier League last season Manchester United conceded 28 goals at home, their highest number conceded at Old Trafford in a single season since 1962/1963 (38 goals). Total goals at Old Trafford last season were the highest among other Premier League stadiums, namely 66 goals - scored 38 goals, conceded 28. = Leeds itself is the team with the most effective away productivity record with 67 goals - scored 67 goals, conceded 33.
- Leeds ended last season with a series of four wins in Premier League matches. The last time Leeds was able to string together at least five wins was in the period March-April 2001, with a streak of six wins.
- In the last 10 weeks of the 2020/2021 Premier League, only Liverpool (26) have won more points than Leeds (23) who won seven wins and 2 draws from the last 10 matches. When in a superior condition last season, Leeds dropped the least points (6) and had the best winning ratio after winning first (89 %).
- In the last five seasons Manchester United's Premier League opener has seen a player score his first goal for the club in a league title; Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2016/2017, Romelu Lukaku in 2017/2018, Luke Shaw in 2018/2019, Daniel James in 2019/2020, and Donny van de Beek last season. Of the several players, only Luke Shaw was not bought by Man United in the summer of the season in question.
- Manchester United's Mason Greenwood has scored six goals in his last 8 Premier League appearances in the 2020/2021 season, having scored just 1 goal in his first 23 appearances. The 19-year-old player has scored 17 Premier League goals in total. Only four players, at such a young age, have scored more goals in that title (Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Wayne Rooney, Nicolas Anelka).
- Patrick Bamford and Jack Harrison have scored each other in Leeds United's first game in a league title over the past two seasons, against Bristol City and Liverpool. Ahead of Manchester United Vs Leeds United this weekend, only two Leeds players have managed to score in a league opener for three consecutive seasons, namely Russell Wainscoat (1926/1927 – 1928/1929) and Harold Brook (1954/1955 – 1956/ 1957).
Ahead of the opening match, nine players are expected to be absent for various reasons.
Heaton, third-choice keeper, is unlikely to overtake David de Gea and Dean Henderson for Saturday's game.
The English player, 35, is back at Old Trafford this summer from Aston Villa. He has spent the majority of these years injured. However, he has the chance to gain minutes in competitions such as the Carabao Cup.
The Ivory Coast defender repeatedly made mistakes that cost the team a number of performances. His place is increasingly marginalized from the position of the central defender option.
Last season, Solskjaer preferred to play Victor Lindelof as partner to captain Harry Maguire last season.
The arrival of Varane will certainly make it more difficult for him to get a place in the special team. After attending for his country at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Bailly doesn't look like he'll be playing his opening match anytime soon.
The Brazilian full-back has endured a difficult first season in Manchester. He only got a few minutes of playing time under Solskjaer. This arose because England's Luke Shaw was at his best in his profession. Telles will likely miss the game against Leeds through injury.
Jones has gone through 10 years of career at Manchester United. He was tipped to shine at Old Trafford, but he will have to work hard to earn special team status. He has been linked with a move away from the club this summer. However, no offers arrived at him. His condition was even more difficult because he had not played in 18 months, his last appearance for United was back in January 2020.
The player who was once considered one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, is now approaching the twilight of his career. The former Chelsea player, 33 years old, is one of the most senior members of the Red Devils special team.
Despite being able to showcase some of his recent flashes during the 4-0 win against Everton this pre-season, his role throughout the game has dwindled. He was not injured, but was predicted to miss the opening match.
After testing positive for Covid-19, Lingard had his last pre-season game against Everton and will miss out on Leeds. As a result, some fans don't know whether Solskjaer will play the English bum
Lingard's future at Manchester United is unclear. He spent last season at West Ham on loan. Lingard has looked impressive throughout the strengthening of The Hammers in the last half season. He was even invited back to join Gareth Southgate's provisional England squad for Euro 2020.
He was linked with leaving Manchester United. Rival club Leicester City are said to be interested in signing him as an alternative candidate for James Maddison.
The Belgian-born Brazil international was one of the stars of United's pre-season games, after his stunning goal against Brentford. However, his future at Old Trafford remains in doubt, having spent last season at Italian club Lazio.
The England striker is expected to miss the match on Saturday due to undergoing shoulder surgery. Torn a muscle in his shoulder in the middle of last season. It is predicted that he will only be able to play for the fastest Red Devils in October.
The Uruguayan striker is not injured, but will be missing against Leeds as he is on a long holiday after appearing in the 2021 Copa America. He is spending time with his family.
Team of 20 players predicted to be ready for Manchester United vs Leeds United: David de Gea, Dean Henderson, Aaron Wan Bissaka, Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Raphael Varane, Luke Shaw, Brandon Williams, Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Fred , Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Dan James, Amad, Donny van de Beek, Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial.