Menu List in Microsoft Word 2010
Rancakmedia.com – Microsoft Word 2010 seems more fun and popular for users. The menu in Microsoft Word has a display that has been considered quite friendly or user friendly.
Based on their assertion, pita is an invention that will later become the standard for serving menus. Developed by Microsoft, Microsoft Office Word is a word processing application program (Word Processor). Microsoft Word 2010 is the result of the development of various previous editions.
Those who have recently switched from Word 2003 to MS Word 2010 need not worry about this strange sight. Getting used to a new way of working only takes a short amount of time. If you don't believe me, please open the Microsoft Word Menu, set the mouse cursor over the menu area area, then turn the scroll button.
I don't know what happened. you're right! You can unlock the access door to each band by simply turning the scroll button. Back to the menu icon issue, MS. Word 2010 recognizes the phrase, ribbon, and group tabs in the display tools menu.
When compared to Word 2003 and earlier versions, where Bars have almost complete control (Menu Bar and Toolbars).
The Difference Between Tabs, Ribbon and Groups
Menus decorated with text are known as tabs. the File, Insert, and Page Layout buttons are all on the same screen. Ribbon is a series of menus on each Tab. While the Group is a collection or collection of menus on each Ribbon that has the same purpose.
In effect, Tabs make up the Ribbon, which in turn contains Groups, and Groups, in turn, includes a collection of menus that all serve the same purpose. Here's an illustration.
Editing and Clipboard are both included in the Home Ribbon ribbon group, which also includes Fonts, Font Families, Paragraphs, and Styles.
The following menus make up the Clipboard group:
- Paste: to paste the results of the copy or cut.
- Cut : to cut the selected text/object.
- Copy : to duplicate the selected text/object.
The Format Painter is a document for copying document page layouts to a new one. Groups advanced options are accessed by clicking on the small arrow button in the lower right corner of each Group.
Formatting the surrounding letters is easy using the Font Group submenu. including the following:
- Font: to select the font type
- Font Size: to set the font size
- Grow Font : to increase the font size instantly
- Shrink Font : to reduce the font size instantly
- Change Case: to change the status of uppercase/lowercase letters
- Clear Formatting : to clear the selected text formatting
- Bold : to make the selected text bold
- Italic : to italic the selected text
- Underline : to underline the selected text
- Strikethrough: provide a strikethrough on the selected text
- Subscript: to type the exponential character
- Superscript : to type the exponential character
- Text Effect : to give artistic effect to the selected text
- Text Highlight Color : to provide a highlighter color behind the selected text
- Font Color: to set the color of the selected text.
The Paragraph group consists of a series of menus that serve the same purpose of composing paragraphs of text. The Group Paragraph command is as follows:
- Bullets: to provide bullet marks in each selected paragraph
- Numbering: to provide the numbering format for each selected paragraph
- Decrease Indent : to shift the second line of the paragraph to the left
- Increase Indent : to shift the second line of the paragraph to the right
- Left-to-Right : to make the text direction run from left to right (Latin format)
- Right-to-Left : to make the text direction run from right to left (Arabic format)
- Sort : to sort the data
- Show Paragraph Marks: to show/hide paragraph correction marks
- Align Text Left : to set left aligned text
- Center : to set the center align text
- Align Text Right : to set the text aligned right
- Justify: to adjust the text right-left alignment
- Line Spacing: to set the spacing between lines of text
- Shading: to set the background color of the selected text
- Border: to provide a border on the selected text.
The Styles group consists of two menus. It is:
- Heading Styles: contains the selected paragraph heading format options
- Change Styles: contains options for setting paragraph themes
Find, Replace, and Select are the most used tools in the Editing group. the following is the goal:
- Find: to search for certain words based on certain keyword inputs in a file
- Recpale: to find and replace found words to be replaced with certain words in a file
- Select : used to select a specific object or text in a file
Tab Menu in Microsoft Word 2010
The tab menu in Microsoft Word 2010 worksheets makes it easy to find what you're looking for. You can navigate this menu by clicking on one of the following buttons: Home button, Insert, Page Layout, Reference, Letter, Review, and View button.
Menu Microsoft Word Tab Home, Contains Standard Commands
Temporary storage of copied or cut data is done using the clipboard. In this submenu there are paste, cut, format painter, and copy icons
- Paste, functions to paste the results of the copy or cut.
- Cut, functions to cut the selected text or object
- Copy, functions to copy the selected text or object.
- Format painter, serves to emulate page formats to other documents.
Fonts can be used to change anything from the typeface to the font size and everything in between.
- Font, which allows you to choose a font.
- To change the font size
- Increase the font size immediately using the Grow Font command.
- Shrink Font, to quickly reduce the font size
- Modify Case, to change the state of uppercase/lowercase
- Formatted text can be removed by selecting Format > Remove Formatting.
- Bold, to bold text
- Italic, to italic the text
- To emphasize parts of text, use the underline command.
- Text is marked with strikethrough() with this command.
- To type an exponent, use the subscript (-) key.
- Superscript, to type the exponential characters below
- Text Effects is a tool for adding creative flair to a piece of text.
- Text Highlight Color is a tool for highlighting selected text with a specific highlighter color.
- To change the text color, use the Font Color tool.
Paragraph, used to form paragraphs. starting with setting the text, changing the spacing between each line (line spacing) and so on.
- Bullets, to provide bullet marks
- Numbering, to provide a numbering format
- Decrease Indent, to shift the second line of the paragraph to the left
- Increase Indent, to shift the second line of the paragraph to the right
- Sort, to sort data
- Show Paragraph Marks, to show/hide paragraph correction marks
- Align Text Left, to set left aligned text
- Center, to set the center align text
- Align Text Right, to set the text right alignment
- Justify, to adjust the right-left text alignment
- Line and Paragraph Spacing, to set the spacing between lines of text
- Shading, to set the background color of the selected text
- Border, to provide a border on the selected text.
Style, it is important to keep the document format constant even if it is used by multiple users. Formatting, such as changing letters, numbers, and typography, can also be accomplished with a few easy keyboard instructions.
- Heading Styles, contains the selected paragraph heading format options
- Change Styles, contains options for setting paragraph themes
There are three basic types of editing: find, replace, and select.
- Find, to search for certain words in a document
- Recpale, to find and replace words found in a document
- Select, used to select certain objects or text in a document.
Insert tab To add instructions to a worksheet, such as creating a table or adding a photo or graphic, use the Insert tab. The insert tab components are as follows;
Pages, used to edit pages on worksheets. Part of this group are as follows;
- Cover Page, to provide a cover on the page
- Blank Page, to insert a blank page with standard format and design
- Page Break, to break the page and continue on the next page
Table, function to create a table. Part of this group are as follows;
- Insert Table, to automatically insert a table format according to the selected rows and columns
- Insert Table, to insert a table manually
- Draw Table, to set the table style manually
- Convert Text to Table, to convert text into a table
- Excel Spreadsheet, to insert worksheets from Microsoft Excel into Microsoft Word worksheets.
- Quick Tables, to insert the type of table according to the rations available in MS. Word 2010
Illustration, serves to insert objects, pictures, graphics and so on. Part of this group are as follows;
- Picture, to insert a picture object from a directory stored on the computer
- Clip Art, to insert clipt art or images that have been provided.
- Shapes, to insert shape objects or various types of shapes in the document
- SmartArt, to insert organizational structure objects, flow charts and so on on the page.
- Chart, to insert graphic objects on the page
Links, used as a liaison, both with objects, the same or different documents. Part of this group are as follows;
- Hyperlink, to link text to a website address or to a file on the computer
- Bookmarks, to connect parts of the manuscript with other parts of the document
- Cross-reference, to link text with objects (tables, images, footers, pages, etc.) that are part of the text in the same document.
Header and Footer, functions to make text at the top or bottom of the worksheet. Part of this group are as follows;
- Header, to add text/objects to the header/top section which will appear on every page in the document
- Footer, to add text/objects to the footer/bottom section that will appear on every page in the document
- Page Number, to provide numbering on each page
Text, functions to create textboxes, make beautiful writing, insert objects or give dates. Part of this group are as follows;
- Text Box, to insert a text box in the document
- Quick Parts, to insert multiple objects in the document
- WordArt, to insert writing decorations on the document Crop Cap: to add large letters at the beginning of paragraphs
- Signature Line, to insert a signature on the document Date & Time : to insert the current date and time on the active document
- Object, to insert objects into the document
Symbol, serves to insert certain symbols. Part of this group are as follows;
- Equation, to insert a mathematical format in the document
- Symbol, to insert several symbols in the document.
Page Layout tab, used to set the page layout in a document. The sections of this tab are as follows;
Theme to select a theme that includes page color and font color
Theme, used to select the theme of the page, which includes the colors on the page and also the letters. Part of this group are as follows;
- Color to set the page theme color
- Font to set the font theme to apply to the active document page
- Effects to set the effect theme for shape objects on document pages
Page Setup to set the page layout. Part of this group are as follows;
- Text direction to set the horizontal and vertical direction of the text entered
- Margins to set text borders for the document
- Alignment to adjust the position of the page
- Size to set the page size
- Column to set the number of text columns on the document page
- Break to adjust the continuity of a page or column of text
- Line number to set the line number of the text
- Hyphens to automatically separate syllables with Hyphens
Page Background, used to decorate or add an impression to the background page. Part of this group are as follows;
- Watermark to create a water effect behind text
- Page color to set the page background color
- Page margins to set the page margins
Paragraph to set the spacing and boundaries between paragraphs. Part of this group are as follows;
- Indent to set the text frame
- Spacing to set the spacing between paragraphs
The arrangement of the sections of this group is as follows
- Position to set the position of the object on the page
- Line breaks to adjust the object's position in relation to the paragraph text
- Bring it forward to position an object with another object
- Send Backward to send the selected object behind another object
- Options pane, displays the object navigation pane
- Align it to match the position of the loose object
- Group to group several objects together
- Rotate to rotate and flip the selected object
- i.e. On the References tab, there are several groups in this tab:
Table of Contents to Manage Table of Contents
Table of Contents, used to create a table of contents. Part of this group are as follows;
- Add text to manage the selected paragraphs to be included in the resulting table of contents.
- Update table to update table of contents.
Menu microsoft word Footnotes, as the name suggests, is used to create footnotes. Part of this group are as follows;
- Insert footnote to insert a note at the bottom of the page or footer
- Insert endnote to insert a note at the end of the chapter
- Subsequent footnotes to keep track of footnotes and endnotes
- Show Notes to show the position of the created footnote or endnote.
Citation & Bibliography, used to create citations and bibliographies. Part of this group are as follows;
- Insert quote to insert a quote directly in the active cursor area
- Manage Sources to manage all quotation sources
- Style to select the desired bibliography shape
- Bibliography to insert a bibliography into the active document file.
Microsoft word Caption menu, part of this group is as follows;
- Include subtitles to provide information about illustrations or images included in the document
- Insert table of figures to insert a table of contents for images that have been inserted into the document
- Update the table to update the image catalog list
- Cross-reference, create a cross-reference
Index, used to make a word list (index), usually at the end of the document. Part of this group are as follows;
- Mark entries to mark new entries in the document
- Insert index to insert a glossary (index) into the document
- Update index to update the latest list of indexes
The Authority Directory is used to list citations. Part of this group are as follows;
- Mark citations to mark citations
- Include an author index to the citation list
- Update the table to update the pricing page
Mailing tab, generally this tab is used to create letters. The groups on this tab are as follows;
- Envelopes, to make envelopes
Create to make envelopes or labels. Part of this group are as follows;
- Labels to create labels 2). Starting a mail merge, the sections of this group are as follows;
- Start a mail merge to create a regular letter or email
- Select a recipient to create and select an email recipient
- Edit recipient list to change the mail recipient list
Write & Insert Fields, part of this group are as follows;
- Bookmark merge fields to make it easier to change incorrect information
- Address block to enter an address
- Greeting line to add a greeting
- Insert a merge field to add information about the recipient of the letter
- Rules for typing lines in a letter
- Match fields, compare letters
- Update Label To update the mailing label
Preview results are used to see the results of the letters created. Part of this group are as follows;
- Preview Results To preview completed letters
- Find Recipients to find the person who will receive the letter
- Automatically checks for errors to check if there are errors in the mail
Finish, used to end or end a letter. Part of this group are as follows;
- Finish & Merge To finish and merge
- Exit to end the letter
The Review tab is used for writing grammatical errors, providing comments and locking data (data security). The groups on this tab are as follows;
Spelling and Grammar, performs spelling and grammar checks on text or paragraphs in documents
Proof, part of this group is as follows;
- Thesaurus to check treasury
- Do your research for repeat dates
- Word Count, Provides statistical data on the number of pages, words, characters, paragraphs and lines contained in the active document
Language, usually used to change the language or translate the language. Part of this group are as follows;
- Translate to translate data into multiple languages
- Language, Run language translator facility
Comments to add or remove comments. Part of this group are as follows;
- New Comment Enter a new comment
- Delete, delete comment
- Previous Displays the previous comment
- Next, Displays the next comment
Tracking, part of this group is as follows;
- Track Changes, highlight the recently changed text page
- Finale: Show Markup to show the target Mark
- Show Markup to display markup or ad markup
- Review the panels to review what you have written
Changes, used to show changes that occur in the active document. Part of this group are as follows;
- Accept to receive data changes
- Reject to delete data changes to the document
- Return to review previous data
- Next to move on to the next thing
Compare, is used to compare data.
Protect, part of this group are as follows;
- Block the author from changing the created document.
- Limit editing to restrict document editing.
G. The View tab is normally used to display the worksheet view, to set the display on the worksheet screen, and to set worksheet window settings. The sections of this tab are as follows;
- Print layout, change the compose screen view to print view
Document view, used to display the worksheet or document view. Part of this group are as follows;
- Reads in full screen mode, displays documents in full screen mode
- Web Layout, Changing the screen display into a web view
- Outline Changes the screen view to outline view
- Drafts to write typed documents at a glance
View, used to show lines or rulers as a worksheet manager. Part of this group are as follows;
- Ruler, show and hide the ruler
- Gridlines To display checkered lines on a worksheet
- Navigation pane, used to help us find documents.
Zoom, used to adjust the display of document worksheets on the monitor screen. Part of this group are as follows;
- Zoom Specifies the display size of the worksheet on the screen
- 100% to enlarge the resulting worksheet to normal size
- Page to open the page
- Double-sided to open two-sided
- Page Width, To set the document size on the monitor screen.
Microsoft Word menu, windows part of this group, is as follows;
- New window to open a new candela
- Manage all, view all active documents at once
- Split Splits the active document into two parts
- View side by side to view documents one by one side by side
- Synchronous scrolling To scroll two or more active documents at the same time
- Reset Window Position Resets the window position to its original position
- Switch windows to replace document on active document
Macros are used to activate document macros
Ms. Word 2010 recognizes the phrase, ribbon, and group tabs in the display tools menu. The Ribbon is a series of menus on each Tab; Group is a collection of menus that have the same purpose. Getting used to a new way of working only takes a short amount of time.
Groups Paragraph Groups consist of a series of menus that serve the same purpose of organizing paragraphs of text. The most commonly used Editing group tools are Find, Replace, and Select. That's the list of Microsoft Word menus that we can provide, I hope this is useful.