How to Fix Black Screen on Windows on Your Device – In today's era, we are very close to devices such as laptops or computers. With these tools we can learn and work more efficiently. However, as time goes by, the state of the device will degrade. Various signs of damage will often appear. One of them is the black screen.
For laptop users, maybe you have experienced a blue screen on their device. This will show if there is something wrong with your cellphone. However, it will be different when your laptop suddenly only shows a black screen.
The state of this black screen does not display any manual writing or images. The error code also doesn't appear so we can only guess what the problem is. This all-black state of the monitor can make people suspect if the laptop is still in a dead condition.
Black screens can appear for various reasons. This situation could be related to graphics driver enhancement issues, or it could occur during the installation of feature enhancements that include compatibility issues.
Here we provide how to deal with black screen on Windows:
Find Out If Your Computer Is Working
The possible cause of the black screen is that the setup process during the Windows installation has not been completed. If you have large data files from a previous Windows installation, don't be surprised if the installation takes hours.
If you don't know it, you will definitely continue to use the laptop. So don't be surprised if your device suddenly experiences a black screen. The way to solve this black screen is to find out if the computer is still working.
- Locate the LED indicating hard drive activity.
- If this light is blinking, it means that the installation process is still in progress. In this case, all you have to do is wait for it to finish.
- If it doesn't turn on, it means the installation process is stuck, and can't proceed any further.
Turn Off Computer
Since the installation process has stalled, then you should try reinstalling again as a way to solve the black screen.
- Use the power button to turn off your computer. If it doesn't turn off as usual, press and hold the power button for about five to ten seconds.
- Disconnect from the internet by unplugging your Ethernet cable and turning off all wireless adapters.
- Also disconnect any other peripherals, including game controllers and external hard drives.
- Also disconnect the power cable from your computer. Then wait about thirty seconds to do it all again.
- Reconnect the power cable, peripherals, wireless adapter, and Ethernet cable. Turn on your computer and reinstall Windows.
Switch to Safe Mode
If the root of the problem lies in hardware performance, then only loading an important program can save it.
To boot your system into Safe Mode, turn on your PC and once you see the screen start to live, hold down the shift key. Then select the power button and proceed by clicking on Restart.
Build Your Look
Your computer may also display a black screen if Windows 10 does not detect your display. The way to solve the black screen for this problem is to force your device to wake up. Just open your keyboard, then press:
- First, press the Windows key.
- Then press ctrl, shift and B.
Reinstall Video Card
Another possibility of a black screen is a faulty video card. The way to solve the black screen for this problem is to reinstall it.
- First, press the Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Scroll down until you find Display adapters. Then click the arrow to the left of Display adapters to bring up the contents of Display adapters.
- There, select your display adapter. Then right click and select Uninstall device.
- Once uninstalled, right click on this section again. Then select Scan for hardware changes to make it reappear for you to reinstall.
If your video cards aren't damaged, they may need an update. If so, it could also be the cause of the black screen. How to solve this black screen:
- Open Device Manager.
- Then hover over Display adapters and click the arrow to the left of its writing. Select your display adapter and right click.
- Finally, select Update driver.
Stop RunOnce Process
If you get a black screen after you log in, the problem might stem from a running process. How to solve this black screen:
- Press the Windows key and launch Task Manager.
- You can also press ctrl and shift and esc to open the Task Manager.
- Check the RunOnce.exe process. If it is running, right click and select Stop.
- For the changes to take effect on your device, restart the computer. You can do this by pressing the restart button.
Another option is to let Task Manager pave the way. The method:
- Open Files in Task Manager.
- Select Run new task.
- Enter cmd and press OK.
- In the command prompt window type shutdown -r -t 01 and press enter.
Source : merdeka.com
Check other Rancakmedia.com News and Articles at Google News