How to Setting the Latest Huawei IndiHome Modem
Rancakmedia.com - You don't know how to set an Indihome modem? To find out how, let's look at the information in the following article.
One of the modems most frequently used by IndiHome internet service consumers is the Huawei HG8245A modem. Anyone using the Huawei HG8245A IndiHome modem for the first time or who has just reset the modem should know how to set it up.
Setting the Huawei HG8245A IndiHome modem correctly is very important so that the modem can operate again regularly. The Huawei HG8245A modem itself is a Wi-Fi modem connected to a fiber-optic network. The features of the Huawei HG8245A modem are quite complete.
IndiHome Modem Setting Guide
IndiHome customers choose the Huawei HG8245A modem because of its low price and many functions. In order for your IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem to function again after a reset, follow these steps:
Huawei HG8245A IndiHome Modem Settings
Before installing the Huawei HG8245A modem, you must ensure that the PON indicator light is green. The red LOSS indication light, on the other hand, does not come on.
The initial configuration step for the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem is to configure the IndiHome WAN. Here are the setup steps:
- To get started, connect your laptop or computer UTP cable to the ETH ONT port of the Huawei HG8245A modem.
- The laptop or computer's UTP cable must be connected to the port, and the computer's IP must be configured to the desired IP address. As an example:
- Your current laptop IP is 192.168.100.11 with Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 with default gateway: 192.168.100.1
- Next, open an internet browser on your laptop or computer and enter the number 168.100.1
- The Username and Password will then appear in your internet browser. Enter your account and password below:
- Account: telecomadmin
- Password: admintelecom
- Next, the browser screen will display the site
- Select “WAN” from the list of available options.
- Then select “NEW” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill data in given fields for initial setup
Enable LAN Ports
The LAN port on your IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem must be activated after it is set. Here's how to enable the LAN port:
- Select the “LAN” tab from the drop-down menu that appears after selecting the “WAN” option.
- Then select the “LAN Port Work Mode” button
- Check the LAN1 box, LAN2 box, LAN3 box, and LAN4 box to enable all LAN ports.
DHCP Server Configuration Settings
Configure the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem, then what you have to do after activating the LAN port is the DHCP Server Configuration setting. Following are the techniques to setup DHCP Server Configuration:
- On the same modem settings browser page, select the “LAN” page
- Select the next “LAN Port Work Mode” menu option.
- DHCP Server Configuration can be found in the left side submenu.
- The page will then display the Primary Address Pool submenu and the Primary Address Pool Subsection.
- In the Primary Address Pool section, fill in the Start IP Address, End IP Address and Least Time fields.
- You must provide the same IP address as host LAN 4 in the Start IP Address box.
WLAN Configuration or Wi-Fi settings
After configuring the LAN and WAN on the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem, the final step is to configure the wireless network. To get your wireless network up and running, follow these steps:
- Click the “Settings” option at the top of the Huawei modem setup page to get started.
- Then in the submenu on the left, click the “WLAN” button
- Next, enter data in all the columns presented
- SSID (Service Set Identifier) of your Wi-Fi network
- SSID Enabled: This column indicates whether the WLAN interface has been enabled or not.
- To enable the modem to broadcast the Wi-Fi SSID, check the box next to Broadcast SSID.
- Authentication Mode: select WPA/WPA2 Pre-SharedKey (authentication type) (authentication type)
- TKIP and AES are used for encryption (for encryption type)
- WPA PreSharedKey: enter the desired Wi-Fi network password.
- If you have finished filling in the blanks with the correct information, press the “Apply” button.
Firewall and Remote Access Configuration
To complete the installation of your IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem, you must configure the firewall and remote access. The firewall configuration is intended to decide whether incoming PING and Traceroute (ICMP) packets will be allowed or deleted.
Internet service provider firewall settings are required to troubleshoot internet network problems. It is highly recommended that if you have an ISP in the form of a Private IP, then you should disable the firewall or just disable it.
You can also select other options in User defined form. Here's how to set up a Firewall:
- Select the “Security” submenu next to WLAN.
- Then select “Firewall Level Configuration” from the submenu that appears on the screen.
- The “Firewall Level Configuration” option allows you to set the firewall level to whatever you want.
- There are many firewall level options available as user defined, low, medium, high and disable.
- Once selected, the next step is to click "Apply"
Remote modem administration can now be enabled by following these steps:
- Select the "Security" option
- Next, select “Configure ONT Access Control” from the drop-down menu.
Put a mark in the form of a checklist in the LAN service and WAN service section in the following column:
- Enable the LAN side PC to access the ONT via HTTP
- Enable the LAN side PC to access the ONT through Telnet
Huawei IndiHome Modem Settings Check Information Status
It is relatively rare to check the status of modem and internet network information by IndiHome internet customers. You may want to check the status information of the modem being used if the internet connection from the modem is interrupted for any reason.
To check if your Huawei HG8245A modem router is working properly, follow these steps:
- To get started, open an internet browser on your laptop or desktop computer, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or another popular choice.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.100.1 in the browser address bar.
After that, you will see a box where you can type your username and password in the following format:
- Account: telcomadmin
- Password: admintelcom
You will then visit the main page of the Huawei HG8245A IndiHome modem
Click the "Status" tab at the top of the page to get specific information about the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem that you are using at home.
Huawei IndiHome Modem Settings Check the Wi-Fi User List
In some situations, you may be concerned that your home Wi-Fi connection is being used by people without your consent.
This is sad, but many people are unsure about the best way to detect the presence of unauthorized users on their home Wi-Fi network.
Actually, there is a Huawei HG8245A IndiHome modem configuration technique to find out your list of other Wi-Fi service subscribers. Here's how to find out:
- Type 192.168.100.1 into your laptop or computer's internet browser.
- Select the "Status" option at the top of the website page on the homepage of the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem account.
- The Device Information submenu can be found on the left side of the Status menu.
- Next on the main page, a complete list of information about your modem will be displayed including hostname, IP address, device type, MAC address, device status, and also application from other users using your internet connection.
IndiHome Modem Settings Huawei Blacklist Users
If you see a naughty user accessing your home Wi-Fi internet connection without permission, then you can stop the naughty user by blacklisting that person's device.
By blacklisting devices that use Wi-Fi without permission, those users can no longer access the Wi-Fi network from your home. Here's how to block MAC addresses:
- Open an internet browser on your laptop or computer and type the address 192.168.100.1 in the address bar
- After that, you will be directed to the account home page for your Huawei HG8245A IndiHome modem.
- Click the “Security” option at the top of the website page
- Then select “Configure MAC Filter” from the drop-down list.
- In the column that says "Enable MAC Filter", enter a checkmark
- To start a new list, click the “New” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To blacklist a specific MAC address, select it in the “Status” or “Device Information” menu.
- Enter the MAC Address in the “Source MAC Address” field to ban the device
- Then, click "Apply."
- The blacklist settings have been completed and the MAC Addresses you blacklisted are no longer allowed to access internet services from your home Wi-Fi.
Huawei IndiHome Modem Settings Changing the Password Code
If you want to change your password to increase the security of your home Wi-Fi connection, then you must set a password change. Password change settings must also be made if the Huawei HG8245A modem is still fresh. Here's how to update the password:
- Type 192.168.100.1 into your laptop or computer's internet browser.
- You will then access a page stating Username and Password. Enter your account and password below:
- Next you will access the main page or modem setting tone
Press the “System Tools” menu.
- Then enter the required data, both the old password or old password and the new password or new password.
- The previous password is the default password if you are a new Huawei HG8245A modem user.
- After entering the information, you must confirm the new password in the Confirm Password section by typing it again.
- Change the previous modem password by pressing the “Apply” button and then entering the new password.
IndiHome Huawei Modem Setting Guide to Reboot Wirelessly
Rebooting wirelessly is sometimes necessary if the Huawei HG8245A modem connection to the Access Point is too full causing the Internet network to slow down. If this happens, you only need to do the following steps:
- Using a laptop or desktop computer, internet access
- Enter the following IP address: 192.168.100.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- Next you will access the Huawei HG8245A modem login page.
- Enter Username and Password information with the data below:
- You will be directed to the next page in the form of the main page or pitch page
- Click the “System Tools Tab” button on the main menu
- Select "Reboot" from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, press the button that says “Restart”
How to Create a New Access Point
You can use the Huawei HG8245A modem to create a new access point. If you want a dedicated wireless network for your device, but don't want to join another network, you can use this technique. Here's how to create a new access point:
- Open an internet browser on your laptop or computing device
- To access your Huawei modem account, open your browser and type the address 192.168.100.1 in the address bar.
- On the Huawei HG8245A modem login screen, enter the Username and Password information according to the data below:
- After that, you will be taken to the main page for Huawei HG8245A.
- Click the “WLAN” option at the very top of the middle menu bar
- On the “WLAN” screen, click the “NEW” button in the center right to create a new access point.
- Configure the new access point according to the following specifications:
- SSID Name: Fill in this box with the name of the new access point you want to build
- Enable SSIS: check the box next to it
- Number of Associated Devices: The number of devices that can access the access point you set up.
- If you are only interested in setting up the AP for your own use, enter 3 here.
- Broadcast SSID: Check the box next to it
- Enable WMM: Check the box next to it.
- Finally select the “Apply” button to create this new access point
- If it has been successfully formed, the next step is that you have to reconfigure it.
- Select the name of the Wi-Fi network that you have created.
- Next, under the "Authentication Mode" area, fill in the WPA/WPA2 PreSharedkey description.
- Then in the "Encryption Mode" box, write in the caption "TKIP & AES". Then, in the password area for the access point, enter the password you created earlier.
- Finally under the WPS Mode area, fill in "PBC"
- Finally press the “Apply” button and you can see the Access point you set before.
The advantages of the IndiHome HG8245A Huawei Modem
It is estimated that one million IndiHome internet connections use the same modem, which makes it the modem of choice for every installation in every household that uses IndiHome. This modem itself is the default modem from IndiHome when consumers want to build an IndiHome network at home.
- Affordable prices
The main advantage provided by the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem is that the price of the modem is quite cheap, so it is very affordable for many people. The price of the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem itself varies from IDR 100 thousand to IDR 400 thousand.
- Complete Features
The IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem provides relatively broad functionality compared to modems in its class at the same price. The fiber optic network is built right into this modem. The IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem itself was only announced in 2014.
- Easy-to-Use Settings
Setting up the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem is quite easy. To get started, just follow the instructions listed above.
It is not surprising that the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A Modem is the main choice of IndiHome internet consumers. The advantages of using this modem compared to others are numerous. In order for the modem to work properly, do the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem settings correctly.
Indihome Huawei Wifi Settings to Run Smoothly When Playing Online Games
To set up the Indihome modem so that it doesn't lag when used to play online games, of course, you have to log in as the admin user.
If it is still the default IP for the indihome modem, it is usually given the IP address 192.168.100.1/192.168.1.1 Identify the IP address and log in using the super admin account, which can be found here if you don't have one yet.
Test the internet connection speed after each channel change on the Huawei indihome modem. The channel with the best speed is selected.
Modem is a Wi-Fi type modem connected to a fiber optic network. Users must ensure that the PON indicator light is green and the LOSS light is on before using the IndiHome modem.
LAN and WAN configuration on the IndiHome Huawei HG8245A modem is a two-step process. To get your wireless network up and running, follow the steps below to set up WLAN and Wi-Fi configurations for different modems.
The firewall configuration is intended to decide whether incoming PING and Traceroute (ICMP) packets will be allowed or deleted. It is highly recommended that if you have an ISP in the form of a Private IP, then you should disable the firewall or just disable it.