Rancakmedia.com – The following is a complete explanation of the meaning of GMP for the food and beverage industry, along with profit goals and standards, see more detailed information by reading the information we have provided below.
Good Manufacturing Practices or what is commonly called GMP has been regulated by the government health service. This regulation is contained in the Decree of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number 23/MEN.KES/SKJI/1978. It has carefully set guidelines for good food production methods (CPMB).
Although regulated by the government, it is very unusual for food and beverage business owners, especially those dealing with micro-enterprises, to ignore GMP. It's great to know about GMP for those of you who are currently establishing or running a culinary company.
Definition of Industrial GMP
GMP is a guideline or process for managing and functioning techniques in accordance with the needs of a nation in the form of a process for producing products which are then sold in the market. The final product must meet current criteria, or at least come close to them. GMP is called CPB or Good Manufacturing Practice in Indonesian. CPB itself, depending on the production, has various types, namely:
- Good manufacturing practices are referred to as GMP standards for the production of pharmaceutical products.
- GMP standards for food or cooking are referred to as CPMB or Good Food Manufacturing Practices.
- The GMP standards governing the production of cosmetics are known as CPKB or Good Manufacturing Practices.
- CPOTB or good way of making traditional medicine is a GMP standard that regulates the production of traditional medicine (herbal medicine).
In this essay, we will examine the GMP Standard, which regulates production in the culinary sector, CPMB. Culinary entrepreneurs will have guidelines for managing their management to regulate culinary products whose quality is guaranteed by following the CPMB procedure.
From the findings above, the CPMB-based GMP definition is a guideline that regulates how food and beverages are produced to suit consumer consumption. The CPMB contains different explanations for the minimum standards and general management of food components, from raw materials to the end product fit for consumption, throughout the production and beverage processes.
GMP Goals and Advantages
Why should companies follow the CPMB procedure? Because consumers, producers and the government provide many functions and benefits. Consumer goals and benefits are:
- Consumer safety
The rules made must be approved by the parties involved. Consumer safety will thus be guaranteed when consuming these goods or drinks.
- Increase insight and product knowledge
Consumers certainly have the right to know the products they consume in detail. Consumers only need to know any information by following the CPMB. For example food composition, production date, expiration date and other information.
Meanwhile, the goals and benefits of producers are:
- keep it up market share
As is known, the best commercialization in the world is a report from consumers who try these goods. CPMB helps businesses make a good impression on consumers to protect their market share. Because if the consumer is dissatisfied and informs the market, this will certainly be detrimental to market share.
- Build and maintain client trust
Consumers who benefit from the food and beverage products they produce will certainly build consumer trust and will not hesitate to continue using the company's products.
- Achieve company goals
Whatever the purpose of the company is established, one of them is of course to grow revenue and profits. If the company gains customer trust, it is not difficult for the company to achieve its goals simply.
- Reduce operational costs
Procedures governing food and beverage production can help businesses reduce unnecessary costs. Companies can deduct expenses that are not included in the CPMB.
- Support proper CPMB implementation
Companies that adhere to CPMB indirectly support CPMB. This can be an example for other companies to use CPMB in their production process.
CPMB also has its own objectives and benefits for the Indonesian government, namely:
- Protect consumers from losses due to inappropriate consumption of food and beverages. The government is considered to have an obligation to protect its citizens. Through this CPMB, the government's responsibility is fulfilled. The quality of food and beverages in circulation must be guaranteed.
- Providing public confidence that the food and drinks distributed are suitable for consumption. People will definitely not hesitate to eat food and drinks on the market. This of course will also increase government revenue.
- Providing information or training to the public in the food and beverage industry. Indirectly, the government helps educate the public about food and beverages circulating in the market. Which materials are safe, which packaging methods are suitable, what information should be provided and so on.