Rancakmedia.com – If you are a beginner, here's how to sell on Shopee, which we will provide detailed information about, stay tuned in the following article, enjoy reading!
Do you want to sell on the shopee application? In the following, we will provide a tutorial for beginners that you can do on a cellphone without large capital, please refer to this discussion.
Shopee is one of the most popular and widely used e-commerce platforms in Indonesia. Many business people choose this platform to sell their products.
How to sell on Shopee for beginners? How to sell on Shopee or how to sell goods online is actually relatively simple. However, some people do not understand the ways and steps.
In fact, guides on how to sell on Shopee have been spread on the official website and social media. If you are an aspiring seller, you only need to learn some easy processes to start selling on this Shopee.
Of course, for those of you who are interested in selling on this marketplace, you must first know how to sell on Shopee. So that the products or goods you sell quickly sell at Shopee.
Everyone already knows that online business or buying and selling on the internet has now become a new lifestyle for people. Not a few use this shopee application to make business here a side business.
In addition, running an online business does not require a physical store, so sellers can save costs. Many Shopee sellers work only from home, even in remote villages.
For resellers, business people only need capital to buy the inventory of goods that you will sell. In fact, some people run this online business with almost no capital when using the dropship system. Then how do you sell on Shopee for ordinary people?
Starting a Business at Shopee
All right, the first step you have to take before starting to sell on Shopee is to have an account first. There are two ways to create an account at Shopee, namely through the Shopee website and via the Shopee application.
- Open the Shopee website or download the Shopee application on the PlayStore or AppStore. Click “Register” or register with Facebook, Google and Apple accounts as well.
- Enter an active phone number.
- Next, enter the Captcha code and verification code sent by Shopee to the registered number.
- You must enter an active email address for verification.
When your Shopee account is ready, the next step is to complete your store profile. You can complete your business profile through the Shopee or Seller Center applications.
Complete Profile Through Application
- Open the Shopee application on your cellphone.
- Select “Me” and then “My Stores”.
- Then select "Assistant seller", "Store Profile", then complete "Store Name", "Image Description" and "Description".
- After that, click the “Check” icon in the upper right corner of the menu.
- Complete store profile
Complete Profile Through Seller Center
- Enter the Shopee Seller Center, select "Store Profile" then complete "Store Name", "Image Description", "Description" then click "Save".
- Choose a store name for your business that is distinctive and easy to remember.
- Upload up to 5 photos and videos to give your shop a strong brand identity.
- Create a short and concise description to attract buyers to visit your store.
- You can add various information such as business history, product type or chat response time.
Set Store Address
To simplify the order delivery process, you can set the main address coordinates through the Shopee or Seller Center applications.
- On the My tab, click Account Settings.
- Click my address, make sure you have filled in the address and set it as the main address.
- Select the address you want to change, then click for a more precise location.
- Find a location. Make sure the coordinates match your address, then click confirm and submit.
How to set address coordinates via the Shopee app:
- Go to the Seller Center page.
- Select the address you want to provide coordinates for and click change.
- Click select location and provide address coordinates.
- If the coordinates are correct, click Confirm and then click save.
How to Sell on Shopee for Beginners
You can start selling on Shopee by uploading products through the Shopee application or Seller Center. Make sure the product uploaded is not included in the list of prohibited products.
You can upload up to 9 photos for 1 product with a maximum size of 2MB in JPG, JPEG or PNG format with recommended photo dimensions of 1024 x 1024 pixels.
Here's how to sell on Shopee for beginners:
- Open the Shopee app
- Click me, my shop.
- Click add new product, add Photo (Take Photo, Photo Gallery or Instagram).
- Fill in the product information that you want to sell, namely product name, product description, category, dangerous product, price, stock, variety, wholesale and shipping.
- Click Save to immediately sell the product, or click view to see how the product looks in your store.
How to sell on Shopee for Beginners using the Seller Center:
- Go to the official seller shopee site
- Click "Add new product".
- Complete the product name, select the product category, then click Next. Complete the product information that you want to sell, namely product information, sales information, media settings, shipping and more.
- Click save and view to sell the product immediately or click save and archive if you plan to sell the product at a later date.
Online Selling Tips
Here are some selling tips on Shopee to quickly find your first buyer:
- Before selling, make sure the price of the product you offer is competitive and can compete with other products.
- Don't forget to increase the variety of products sold. If you sell women's tunics, offer a variety of products in full sizes and offer a variety of colors. The more diverse the product, the greater the chances of your product being sold.
- Always use the product upgrade feature at Shopee. Product upgrades can be activated every 4 hours for up to 5 products. The more often you use this feature, the more buyers will see your product. Your product also has a high probability of appearing in the top search results.
- To increase the desire of buyers to buy products from your store, offer attractive promotions. You can use my store's Coupons feature in my promotions section in Seller Center. After “Create a new coupon”, select the coupon type, enter all the information in the “Coupon information” column and click “Save”.
- Create special social media accounts to promote your business, for example on Instagram and Facebook. You can also run promotions through messaging applications such as WhatsApp, LINE, Telegram, and others. Provide a complete description of the product you are selling, for example material, size, price and individual value of the product.
- You can get a free shipping program by registering your shop in the free shipping program from the Shopee application or website.
The registration process for free Shopee shipping takes a maximum of two working days from the time the documents are received in full (Saturday, Sunday and holidays excluded).
The following are questions and answers related to how to sell at Shopee, see this article
What is the Tax for Sales on Shopee?
If it has been certified as a PKP, 10 percent VAT must be charged on each sale by the seller. Shopee VAT is subject to 10 percent on digital products and services from overseas sellers to Indonesian consumers.
Who Pays the Shopee Administration Fee?
Paid based on calculations as explained from the Shopee Indonesia page, the Shopee admin fee for non-stars is 1.6 percent of the transaction after deducting any discounts or coupons borne by the seller. Non-star Shopee admin fee = (original product price – product discount or discount coupon paid by the seller) x 1.6 percent.
Is Shopee Shipping Borne by the Seller?
Free shipping program is a program that offers sellers the opportunity to offer free shipping exclusively to buyers. Free shipping costs are borne by Shopee according to the terms and conditions that apply, so there are no additional costs charged to the seller.
Shopee is one of the most popular and widely used e-commerce platforms in Indonesia. Prospective sellers only need to learn a few practical steps to start selling on Shopee. Running an online business does not require a physical store, so sellers can save costs.
How to sell on Shopee by uploading products through the Shopee application or Seller Center, if you want to know more details, please see the article above.