What is Microsoft Outlook, Features and How to Use It
Rancakmedia.com - Do you know what is Microsoft Outlook? For those of you who don't know, you can find out in the article we provide below, watch it until it's finished.
Microsoft Outlook is software used to manage email, calendars, and contacts.
This app is especially useful for professionals who work with email and need to manage schedules and tasks efficiently.
In this article, we will explain what Microsoft Outlook is, its features, and how to use it properly.
What is Microsoft Outlook
Actually what is Microsoft outlook? Outlook is a personal information manager or PIM from Microsoft. This software can help you write down notes, plans, to someone's address or contact.
In addition, its main use is that it can be used to send, receive and read messages received by e-mail.
By using Microsoft Exchange Server or SharePoint, Outlook can provide access to mailboxes, calendars, folders, data aggregation and meeting schedules.
Microsoft has also released an Outlook application for use on major platforms, such as Android as well as iOS.
In March 2020, Microsoft announced the launch of a series of new features to appeal to business customers on the Teams platform.
In addition, chat and collaboration features now include more effective and unified directions. This is of course made to facilitate teamwork within an organization and encourage the use of Microsoft as a corporate chat platform.
Features of Microsoft Outlook
Basically, Microsoft has also provided several main features that you can use, including Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes and others.
After knowing the meaning of what Microsoft Outlook is, here's an explanation of the features provided by Microsoft Outlook:
- Email: The email feature in Microsoft Outlook allows you to manage incoming email, send email, and sort email quickly and effectively. You can also group emails into different folders.
- Calendar: The calendar feature in Microsoft Outlook allows you to easily manage your schedule and events. You can add events, set reminders, and share calendars with others.
- Notes: This feature can be used to record various things you want digitally. Apart from that, you can also use this feature as a substitute for personal notes, reminders and so on.
- Contacts: The contacts feature in Microsoft Outlook allows you to manage your contacts and create contact groups. You can also send emails or quickly organize events through saved contacts.
Benefits of Microsoft Outlook
Below are some of the benefits that you will get if you use Microsoft Outlook, as follows:
1. Access Organized Messages
If you are an old user of Microsoft Outlook, you must be familiar with the benefits of this one.
Because you can use a folder system that allows efficient message organization.
That way users can easily access messages or attachments in one place and in an organized way.
2. Calendar feature
Microsoft Outlook provides an effective way to make its users create various agendas, meetings, and appointments that can be viewed by users.
That way, you can quickly send meeting requests to the contacts you want and use the month, week, or day view to access upcoming meetings.
By knowing these benefits, maybe you can use them as a reason why many people still use products released from Microsoft.
3. Increasing Work Productivity
This software is one of the software used for email sending needs. With the features provided, not a few companies use this software as an intermediary.
Given that Outlook can contribute to work processes and can also increase the possibility of user productivity at work.
How to Use Microsoft Outlook Efficiently
Below are ways to use Microsoft Outlook efficiently, as follows:
- Organization: Use folders, labels, or categories to organize email, events, tasks, and other items. This will help you find the item you are looking for quickly.
- Search: Use the search feature to quickly find emails, events, tasks, and other items. You can search by sender, subject, content and more.
- Filters: Use the filter feature to group emails, events, tasks, and other items based on certain criteria. This will help you reduce the number of items you have to look at.
- Meetings: Use the events and schedule features to organize meetings and other events. This will help you keep your agenda organized and avoid schedule clashes.
- Tasks: Use the tasks feature to organize and track the progress of your tasks. This will help you complete tasks on time.
- Add-Ins: Use the available add-ins to make Outlook more efficient and productive. Some popular add-ins include Boomerang, Grammarly, Trello, Evernote, and others.
- Automation: Use automation tools like regulars, macros and scripts to save time and errors.
- Backup: Make sure to always back up your Outlook data regularly to avoid data loss in case of a problem.
- Connection: Make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection to send and receive emails, events, tasks, and other items.
- Documentation: Record all important settings, configurations, and other items for easy troubleshooting if a problem occurs.
Pros and Cons of Microsoft Outlook
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of Microsoft Outlook that you need to know, namely:
Advantages of Microsoft Outlook
Following are the advantages of Microsoft Outlook:
- Integration with other applications from Microsoft Office: Outlook can be used together with other applications from Microsoft Office such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Complete email management features: Outlook provides complete email management features such as email grouping, email search, and filter settings.
- Calendar and schedule features: Outlook provides powerful calendar and schedule features that can be used to manage schedules, meetings, and other events.
- Works with different types of email servers: Outlook works with different types of email servers such as Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, and Yahoo.
- Can be used offline: Outlook can be used offline by downloading email and other items to a computer.
Disadvantages of Microsoft Outlook
Following are the disadvantages of Microsoft Outlook:
- Requires a license to use: Outlook can only be used with a valid license.
- Requires a stable internet connection: Outlook requires a stable internet connection to send and receive emails.
- Excessive features for inexperienced users: Outlook can be difficult to use for inexperienced users with excessive features.
- Additional fees for additional features: Some additional features such as add-ins may require additional fees.
- Requires complex configuration: Outlook can require complex configuration to use with certain email servers.
Shortcuts from Microsoft Outlook
There are several shortcuts from Microsoft Outlook, as follows:
|Ctrl + N||Create a new e-mail|
|ALT + S||Sending message|
|Ctrl + R||Reply message|
|Ctrl + Shift + R||Replying email|
|Ctrl + Shift + F||Resend email|
|Ctrl + Shift + A||Create a new event|
|Ctrl + Shift + Q||Create a new task|
|Ctrl + Shift + K||Create a new contact|
|Ctrl + Shift + J||Create a new note|
|Ctrl + Shift + E||Open calendar|
|Ctrl + Shift + L||Open the task list|
|Ctrl + Shift + H||Open the sent items folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + I||Open inbox folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + U||Open the outbox folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + Y||Open the contacts folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + G||Open the notes folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + P||Open the drafts folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + T||Open the deleted items folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + D||Open calendar folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + O||Open the other items folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + W||Open the tasks folder|
|Ctrl + Shift + F||Open folder folder list|
|Ctrl + Shift + A||Create a new appointment|
|Ctrl + Shift + C||Create a new contact|
|Ctrl + Shift + M||Start a new message|
|CTRL + 1||Switch to e-mail|
|CTRL + 2||Switch to calendar|
|CTRL + 3||Switch to contacts|
|CTRL + 4||Switch to tasks|
Disclaimer: There are only a few of the lists above that Rancakmedia has provided, their uses may vary depending on the version and configuration you are using.
Troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Outlook
After you know what Microsoft Outlook is, here are some troubleshooting from Microsoft Office Outlook, including:
- Check internet connection: make sure your computer is connected to the internet and can access the email server.
- Correct email configuration: check your email settings to ensure that all information such as email address, password, and email server have been entered correctly.
- Repair PST files: if you are having problems with PST files, you can try to fix them by using Outlook's built-in tools like Inbox Repair Tool.
- Updating Outlook: make sure you are using the latest version of Outlook and update if necessary.
- Remove unwanted items: delete unwanted emails, contacts, and other items to clear storage space and improve Outlook performance.
- Check firewall: make sure your firewall is not preventing Outlook from connecting to the email server.
- Remove unnecessary add-ins: remove unnecessary add-ins to reduce the load on Outlook and improve performance.
- Checking for problems with the email server: If the problem persists, contact the email server administrator or technical support to check for problems with the email server.
Microsoft Outlook is a very useful application for professionals who often work with e-mail and need to efficiently manage their schedules and tasks.
The various features provided by Outlook can help you manage your work better and increase your productivity.
This is information about what Microsoft Outlook is, its features and how to use it. Hopefully the above article can be useful and helpful for all of you.