How to Change IndiHome and First Media WiFi Admin Passwords
Rancakmedia.com - You also need to know how to change the First Media and IndiHome passwords, for how to change the Indihome and First Media wifi admin passwords, please refer to the following article.
The need for internet networks is currently very high. Even WiFi internet service providers, such as IndiHome and First Media, are increasingly diverse.
Because the Admin password of the WiFi network is very important. If you don't know how to change the wifi password, it can be changed by someone else who is not responsible.
Your web router admin can be accessed in real time using the Admin password. Therefore, knowledge of how to update the Admin password on the web admin router is vital.
Reasons to Change IndiHome First Media WiFi Password
It is possible that, after reading the above, you are wondering why, exactly, you would want to change your password. This replacement is connected directly to the WiFi network security system.
When consumers can easily violate the security mechanism of a WiFi network, it will result in excessive consumption of Wi-Fi data and reduce access speed. The WiFi passwords you use every day are the security method in question.
The purpose of creating the password itself is so that the network is not used by other people and the number of users can be limited. When there are too many users because the password is available to others, the access speed is very poor.
One option to secure it is to change the IndiHome First Media Admin password. If you have changed the password while logging into the router's web admin, other users will not be able to log in.
In addition, router online admin settings allow you to increase security and prevent unauthorized access.
How to Change IndiHome and First Media Admin WiFi Passwords
You can now test many different approaches to changing the Admin password. This difference in replacement method occurs because there is actually an increase in service from the WiFi network provider.
Changing the WiFi network password can be done in different ways, depending on the service provider. So that every router that you use is not necessarily the same way as other routers.
For more details, here are some ways to replace it, from general to specific for each type of router:
Change Default Settings in IndiHome
The default replacement for IndiHome is to use this first method. As a result, even if you have never changed the password on the router web admin before, you can use this method.
If you're not sure where to start when changing your admin password, here is an alternative method to consider. Here's the full how-to:
- First, prepare a laptop that is already connected to the target WiFi network.
- Then launch the browser program, you can freely use Mozilla FireFox, Internet
- Explorer, Google Chrome and others.
- When the browser opens, click once on the empty URL box and enter the number “168.1.1”.
- In the “Username” and “Password” fields, you must enter “telcomadmin” and “admintelcom” respectively. Pay attention to the font size.
- The next step after successfully logging in, you can select the menu that says "WLAN".
- Then look for an option that says "SSID Settings".
- Find and select the “WPA PreSharedKey” option from the drop-down menu. Please enter the desired password here.
If a password has been set, you can remove it and use the latest one.
The name of the WiFi network that will be displayed on the device can also be changed in the "SSID Name" field.
Click “Apply” once you are done setting everything up.
How to Change Default Media Player Preferences
People also take advantage of First Media, a WiFi network provider. As a new provider, this can keep consumers confused about how to reset the First Media Admin IndiHome password for the first time.
Follow the steps below to reset the First Media WiFi Admin password so you don't forget it again.
- To get started, open a browser on any available device.
- Also make sure the device is connected to the WiFi network for which you want to update the admin password.
- After that you can click on the site address or URL box and enter the number "168.1.1", Enter.
- Wait for the page to load.
- Next, perform the login procedure by filling in the “Username” column containing “admin” and the “Password” column containing “admin”.
- If you have successfully reached the router admin web page, you can select it in the “Settings” menu.
- Then open the “Wireless Settings” menu item and make your selection.
- Changing your password is as easy as typing a new password in the “Network Key” field.
- Click the “Save Settings” button when you have done so.
Cisco E-900 routers
The Cisco E-900 type router is one of the low-level WiFi network transmitters that have a high number of users. The main reason why people choose this type of router is because the price is quite cheap compared to other types.
For those of you who use this router for WiFi networks from IndiHome or First Media, then you must know how to update the admin password. Due to the unique password management method of the Cisco E-900. With this way:
- First, you can launch and start the browser program. You can use a laptop or cell phone.
- After that, enter “168.1.1” into the address bar, hit “Search,” and then wait for the website to load properly.
- Furthermore, after you succeed, you must login first. Try filling in the "Username" and "Password" fields with "admin".
- Also, after successful login, the “Wireless” option can be used to initiate the password change process.
- Select “Basic Wireless Settings” and then “Wireless Security” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Pay attention to the "Passphrase" area, change its contents with the password you created.
- Finally, simply click on the “Save Settings” button and the password has been changed properly.
Router from Huawei Model LG8245V
This next router is often chosen by those who value speed and reliability over price. Due to the LG8245V's excellent performance in extending the network to a specific area. Consequently, it is very easy to work with.
If you want to change the admin password on this router, you can follow the method below:
- First, prepare a device that is already connected to the First Media and IndiHome networks.
- Once you have done that, open a browser and log in using your IP address.
- When asked to log in, you can fill in the "Username" column in the form of user and "Password" in the form of "Huaweiuser".
- If you have successfully logged in, on the main page of the router admin site, you can select the menu that says "Home Network".
- The “WLAN Settings” option can then be found in the drop-down menu.
- The “WPA-Preshared Key” field can be found here. Replace the contents of the fields with the new password.
- The final step is to click the “Save” button.
Router D-Link DIR-612
One of the most distinguishing aspects of the D-Link DIR-612 Router is that it has two antennas on the sides. As a result, it seems to be equipped with a horn. With this antenna, the D-Link DIR-612 is able to transmit WiFi networks at a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
The speed can even exceed 300 Mbps and makes this router very tempting for many people. There should be explicit instructions on how to update the admin password for this particular router, given the high volume of users.
Here's the full explanation:
- First, first verify whether the device to be used is connected to IndiHome WiFi or First Media or not
- If so, you can access the site using the URL “168.0.1”. If it fails, you can try another IP address.
- After that, enter your username and password in the appropriate boxes on the router login page.
- After that you will be on the router admin web page and select the option that says “Wireless Settings”.
- Then look for the menu item that says “Setup” and various columns of information will be displayed.
You can start updating your password by changing the “Network Key” column. Replace with the latest version.
- You can click “Save Settings” at the bottom if they have been changed.
D-Link 605I routers
The D-Link 605I has a new look, although the brand name and logo are the same. You can tell the difference from the location of the antenna where the D-Link 605I type is positioned on the back side, which amounts to two.
The IndiHome First Media Admin password cannot be changed with this router as it is not compatible. Here's the full how-to:
- The first step is to connect your laptop or cellphone to a WiFi network first.
- After that open the browser and see the URL 168.0.1.
- Next, fill out the form to login.
- Once you have completed the login procedure, you will be redirected to the main page, where you can find the “Wireless Settings” menu item.
- If you have selected the menu, check the “Configuration” option again in it.
- When the options appear, click “Network Lock” to access the password change options.
- Also make sure you have configured the Security Modem to “Auto-WPA/WPA2” and simply press “Save”.
Router D-Link DIR-809
The D-DIR-809 Link router is equipped with a high-end WiFi transmitter, but it is expensive. Only certain people can choose to use this router as a WiFi signal transmitter.
If you are one of the people using this router, to change the admin password, you can do the following steps:
- Connect the device you want to use to the WiFi network that is abusing the D-Link DIR-809 router.
- Next, you can launch your browser and navigate to the website whose address is the number “168.0.1”.
- Wait until the access procedure is completed and also login to the website.
- Then you will be on the router admin web page. Writing in the form of “Wireless Setting” can be found in this section.
- Next look for in it the option that says “Settings”.
- Usually for the WiFi password area it says "Preshared Phrase" or "Network Key". you can edit it freely with a minimum of 8 characters.
- After that, click the “Save Settings” button.
TP-Link TD-W8961N router
Some WiFi network centers use this particular type of router. Because this router has the potential to distribute networks with speeds that exceed 300 Mbps. In addition, it is famous for having a broad impact.
But even though it's fast, the network may still lag when too many people are using it. Therefore, update admin password on WiFi using this router using below method:
- Open a browser and type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar. If it fails, you can try the number "168.1.1".
- If you can log in, use the username and password that came with the router when you purchased it.
- Once you are logged in, you will see an “Interface Settings” option on the first page you see.
- Under “Wireless”, look for the words “Pre-Shared Key” and replace it with the new password in the field below.
- Next, hit the “Save” button and you're done.
Router ZTE F660
- Run the browser on your device.
- Access the number “168.1.1” into the web page address field and press “Enter”.
- After that, perform the login procedure by filling in the “Username” and “Password” fields.
- If everything went well, you will see a new menu item called "Network".
- Then check the phrase “Pre-Shared Pharase” or maybe in the form of “Network Key”.
- Replace the field next to it with the character combination for the new password.
- Finally hit “Send”.
Alcatel routers and modems are popular with IndiHome and First Media customers. There are many techniques you have to do if you want to update the admin password. With this way:
- Open a browser on your smartphone or desktop to get started.
- Then, in the URL area, type “168.1.1.”
- After that when successful login to the site, enter the login credentials.
- Then find and select the “Networking” menu and select the “WiFi” menu option again.
- You have complete control over your password settings in this section.
Fiberhome is a router or modem that many IndiHome users already know. If you use this router, there is a special method to update the admin password. Here are the steps:
- Enter your username and password on the website “168.1.1”.
- After success, you can find a menu that says "Network".
- Then in it look for “Advanced Settings” option and more menu appears.
- Change the wifi password in the "Passphrase" area as desired.
- When finished, click the “Apply” button.
How to Fail to Access IP Address and Login
The IP address is an important aspect in how to update the First Media IndiHome Admin password. you will have trouble logging in if your IP address is inaccurate. Usually, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 is the number of IP addresses used.
Please try again with the IP Address shown below:
If in doubt, here are some examples of commonly used usernames and passwords to help you out. The left side is the username and the right side is the password.
- admin: admin
admin: %0|[email protected]!berhO3e
- telecomadmin: admintelecom
admin: [email protected]#m
admin: [email protected]!e8ow&q#u
admin: [email protected]!n03g4r6#f
- root: support
For those of you who have a private WiFi network, it is very important to know how to change the First Media IndiHome Admin password. Because once you know how, you can update your password frequently to stay protected from unauthorized access.
If a password has been set, you can remove it and use the latest one. The name of the WiFi network that will be displayed on your device can also be changed in the "SSID Name" column. IndiHome First Media is a new WiFi network provider and its users are using corporate WiFi passwords for the first time.
Follow the steps described above to change the wifi password so you don't forget it again. The main reason why people choose this type of router is because the price is quite cheap compared to other types.
Change WiFi password is very important. If you don't know how to change the wifi password, it can be changed by someone else who is not responsible.
Knowing how to change the wifi admin password on the web admin router is quite vital. The purpose of creating the password itself is so that the network is not used by other people and the number of users can be limited. The default replacement for IndiHome is to use the method described in this article.