Poster Making Techniques Using a Computer
Rancakmedia.com – Design and technique of making posters with the help of a computer. For the purpose of conveying information to the general public, posters are publishing or promotional media which can be in the form of text, images, or a mixture of both.
Posters can basically be done manually, i.e. drawn or written by hand, and can also be made by computer.
Making posters using a computer often involves the use of Corel Draw, which is considered easier to use.
To create computer-generated posters, various graphic design tools such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, and Affinitu Designer are used. However, in the following study we will only present an overview of the use of Corel Draw to make posters as a publishing medium.
Poster Making Techniques with a Computer Using Corel Draw Software
Quoting from the Sumber.belajar.kemdikbud.go.id website (accessed 21/10/21), the contents of a poster usually consist of the following elements:
- The title is in the first or main position
- Subtitles or additional information
- The body text or all the information you want published
- Agency, sponsor and/or personal contact information included in the footer
To be able to load the elements above in a poster, we can follow the technique of making posters with a computer using Corel Draw software with the following steps:
- Open the Corel Draw software and select the New option to create a new sheet
- A4 is an example of a suitable poster size.
- Then, from the accessible tools, select the appropriate menu.