Let's find out the ways and costs to make a passport online
Let's find out the ways and costs to make a passport online – Steps to make a passport are now made easy with an online mechanism. Passports are mandatory documents if you want to travel abroad. For those of you who want to travel abroad, whether for school, business, or vacation, you must know how to make a passport.
Passports in Indonesia are circulated by the Directorate General (Ditjen) of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights. To get a passport, you must follow the steps to make a passport. In the past, making passports had to be lined up in the morning, now the steps for making passports can be done more quickly with an online mechanism.
The way to make an online passport makes it easier for passport applicants to get a line number, no need to come directly to the immigration office. The applicant needs data like the agenda listed on the line number. Steps to make a passport more effective.
Here are the steps to make an online passport:
Download the queue app
The first way to make an online passport is to download it first application Online Passport Service via Google Play or App Store. Here's how to activate the online passport application:
- After downloading the Online Passport Service application, enter your email and telephone number. Wait for confirmation via email.
- Then enter the code. Next, you must fill in your personal data according to your identity card. Try to fill it properly. After all data has been entered, select continue.
- Next you will go to a new page and select the menu in the upper left corner. That is the Immigration office you want to go to to apply for a passport.
- Then you can freely choose the schedule when you will take care of your passport at the Immigration office. There are date and time columns. But for hours here only the 'morning' and 'afternoon' options are available.
- Then fill in the number of applicants and finally click 'continue'.
- After that, you will receive a pdf format file that you must download.
- The file is then printed and then must be brought when visiting the Immigration office. Not only do you bring printed evidence, you also have to bring other terms and conditions to make a passport.
Prepare the required documents
Apart from having to bring the queue barcode, upon arrival at the Immigration Office, you must bring documents including:
- KTP (make sure the KTP is e-KTP)
- KK (Family Card)
- Birth certificate or baptism certificate
- Marriage certificate or marriage book, diploma
- Old passport, if you want to renew your passport
- Indonesian citizenship letter for foreigners who acquire Indonesian citizenship through citizenship or submission of a statement to choose citizenship in accordance with statutory provisions.
- Name change stipulation letter from the authorized official for those who have changed their name
Come to the immigration office
After the documents are ready, you must come directly to the immigration office according to the date and time given in the online queue. Even though you have made it online, you still have to go to the Immigration office.
This is because the online system is only to shorten the registration process. You must still come to the Immigration office to verify data or files as well as interviews.
During the interview, you will usually be asked why you need the passport. After the interview process, you will be directed by the officer to pay the cost of making a passport and administration. Payment can be made through a bank.
New passports can be taken at least four working days up to one week. Ordinary passports have a maximum validity of five years from the date of issue.
The cost of making a passport depends on the number of pages and type of passport. The Directorate General of Immigration issues two types of passports, namely ordinary passports and ordinary electronic passports (e-passports). An electronic passport is a type of passport that has biometric data stored in the form of a chip embedded in the passport. The following is the cost of making a passport:
- Ordinary passport 48 pages IDR 300,000
- Ordinary electronic passport (e-passport) 48 pages IDR 600,000
- Ordinary passport 24 pages IDR 100,000
- Ordinary electronic passport (e-passport) 24 pages IDR 350,000 (*not currently available)
- Usual passport 24 pages replacement for lost which is still valid IDR 200,000
- Usual passport 24 pages replacement for damaged which is still valid IDR 100,000
- 24 pages replacement ordinary electronic passport (e-passport) which is still valid Rp. 800,000
- Usual electronic passport (e-passport) 24 pages replacement for damaged which is still valid Rp. 350.000,-
- Ordinary passport 48 pages replacement for lost which is still valid IDR 600,000
- Ordinary passport 48 pages replacement for damaged which is still valid IDR 300,000
- Electronic ordinary passport (e-passport) 48 pages replacement for lost which is still valid Rp. 1,200,000,-
- Ordinary passport 24 pages replacement for lost/damaged which is still valid due to natural disasters and the crew of the ship whose ship sank IDR 100,000
- Ordinary Electronic Passport (E-passport) 24 pages replacement for lost/damaged which is still valid due to natural disasters and crew members whose ships sank IDR 350,000
- Ordinary passport 48 pages replacement for lost/damaged which is still valid due to natural disasters and the crew of the ship whose ship sank Rp. 300,000,-
- Ordinary Electronic Passport (E-passport) 48 pages replacement for lost/damaged which is still valid due to natural disasters and the crew of the ship whose ship sank IDR 600,000
- Services for Using Biometric-based Passport Issuance System Technology IDR 55,000
So, that was an easy way to make an online passport and its price range. I hope this helps.
Source : liputan6.com