How to View Windows 7 Computer Specifications
Rancakmedia.com – The following is an explanation of our Windows 7 computer specifications assisted in various ways using technology. Let's look at the article below carefully.
For example, you can do office work from home (remote), play games with other people online, and many other things that were not possible a few decades ago.
To do any of the above, you will need a computer, a computer network (such as the Internet), a modem, and other peripherals that meet certain technical requirements.
That's why we do our research well before making a purchase of a computer or computers. As a result, we must first decide how and for what purposes we want to use our computers.
Then we changed the specifications of the computer we wanted to acquire to see if it would meet our demands.
For example, if we want to get a computer to use for work and play online games. After that, we will be able to search the internet for technical details.
Comparing our computer's hardware to the minimum requirements of the software or game we want to take advantage of is the next step in the process.
Don't let your computer specs fall short of what's needed to run your software and games to their full potential.
Computer specifications include facts and information about computer components such as hardware (hard disk, RAM, CPU, motherboard, VGA) and accompanying software (drivers and operating system).
After we find out what the specifications of the computer are, then what are the advantages that can be obtained if we look at the specifications of the computer?
Benefits of Viewing Computer Specifications
As an information system by looking at computer specifications, we know information about computer components, including hardware (hard disk, RAM, processor) and software (drivers and operating systems), so that we can adjust the computer specifications to our needs.
Driver Installation Computer hardware (such as a sound card or VGA) may be linked to the appropriate software drivers by looking at the computer specifications.
So that if one day we have to replace other hardware components, we only need to download the drivers on the official website so that the computer hardware can operate properly.
Check component quality. we can tell the quality of computer components just by looking at the specifications. Does the computer have a large RAM capacity or can our VGA be used to play online games with the best visual presentation?
Also, if our computer's hard disk capacity is large enough, it can store a lot of data. That way, we are flexible. In order to avoid fraud.
When shopping for a new computer, some customers prefer to ask the computer store owner directly about the price, specifications, and operating system of the computer we want to buy. Take it home once you find the one that suits you best.
We can compare the specifications of the new computer with those on the manufacturer's official website, but we can also look at the specifications in a variety of other ways. So that we are not deceived if it turns out that the new computer that we bought with a certain brand is an assembled computer.
How to View Computer Specifications
we know what the advantages are if we look at the specifications of the computer. We'll cover a few different approaches to viewing computer component specifications in the following sections.
Through the Properties Explorer
The built-in features on our computers, especially the File Explorer Properties function, are the first way to check computer specifications. We will discuss them in more detail below.
How to view computer specifications through the File Explorer Properties Menu
- First of all we Right Click on Start Menu.
- After that we Select File Explore.
- Then the File Explorer window appears.
- Then we Right click on this PC.
- Next we select Properties.
- Then the System Properties window appears which contains information about components on windows such as the type of operating system (OS).
- The registered computer name, and installed hardware such as RAM capacity and processor.
Via the Settings About menu
Our computer specifications can also be seen in the About Settings menu. In this approach, we can check what settings are done on the computer system.
We can also see information about what hardware and software is installed on the computer. We will explain how to achieve this below.
How to View Computer Specifications Through the About Settings Menu
- First of all we click on the Windows Menu which is on the left of our computer screen.
- Then we click on the Settings menu.
- After we enter our Settings Menu page, select the About option.
- Then an Information window appears containing what components are installed on our computer such as the Operating System, RAM capacity, Processor etc.
Through the System Information Menu
The System Information menu is our computer's third entry point for viewing its specifications. Almost all versions of the Windows operating system include this capability.
By following a few simple procedures, we can quickly determine the specifications of the computer. We will explain how to achieve this below.
How to View Computer Specifications Through the System Information Menu
- First of all we Open Star Menu on our computer.
- Then we typed System Information or msinfo32 in the existing column.
- Then we Press Enter.
- Then a System Information Window appears which contains information about the hardware installed on our computer along with a summary of the existing system.
- Such as system model and type, BIOS model information, to the memory size on our computers.
- Apart from that, we can also see information about the graphics card installed on the computer by expanding it in the Components menu and then clicking the View button.
Via Command Prompt (CMD)
Users can also check the specifications of the computer we buy using the Tool Prompt (CMD) command. The prompt itself is a command line interpreter that is run by the operating system. and is an application produced by Microsoft.
The command used in the Command Prompt itself is systeminfo.exe. Later, the user will find out information about the system installed on the computer. The procedure is as below.
How to View Computer Specifications Through the Command Prompt (CMD)
- First of all we Click Start Menu.
- In our search field Type and Write Command Prompt.
- Then we Type the command systeminfo and Press Enter.
- After that we will also get information about hardware configuration, system information, specifications, Update information, Network Adapter, BIOS, Memory and other information.
Through the DxDiag Menu
DxDiag, a function that is included by default in Windows, allows us to see the specifications of the computer.
The Windows DxDiag software (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) tests Direct X functionality and provides information about the computer system and fixes problems when there is a problem between hardware and drivers. The procedure is as below.
How to View Computer Specifications Through the Dx Diag Menu
- First of all we open the Run Menu in Windows. Or you can also directly press the Windows key + R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Then we Type and Write dxdiag in the Run column.
- Then we press Enter.
- After that, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window appears which displays several information menus about our computer specifications.
The menu is:
- System: With this menu we can see information about the computer name, operating system, language used, Bios type, Processor capacity, RAM capacity, Direct X version and others.
- Display: In this menu we can see information about the type of graphics card (VGA), type of monitor, VGA Driver, and the default resolution of the monitor
- Sound and Input Device: In the Sound menu we will see information about the type of driver used on the Sound.
- Whereas in Input devices we will see the type of input devices installed on our computer such as Keyboard, Mouse, USB Modem and others.
Viewing Computer Specifications Through CPU-Z Software
To view computer specifications using the computer's built-in capabilities, use one of the five techniques above.
So, next we will discuss how to view computer specifications using a software called CPU-Z. CPU-Z itself is a freeware (free software) that offers information on several major computer hardware through the system. Here's how to use it.
How to View Computer Specifications Through the CPU-Z Software
- First of all, we Download the CPU-Z Software on the official website https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html.
- After downloading, we install the CPU-Z software on our computer.
- After installing, we open the CPU-Z software.
- Then several menus appear that display information about our computer specifications such as CPU, Motherboard, Graphics, Memory and others.
By displaying complete information on the CPU software, we now understand the specifications of the components on our computer.
Viewing Computer Specifications Using Speccy Software
There is a free program called “Software Speccy” that displays information about the hardware components loaded on the computer as a whole.
Piriform Ltd. created and published this software on May 21, 2018. The size of this software, which is only 4.9 megabytes, can certainly be our first choice for studying computer specifications. The procedure is as follows:
How to View Computer Specifications Using Speccy Software
- First of all, we Download Speccy Software on the official website https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy.
- After downloading, we install Speccy Software on our computer.
- Then when finished installing Open Software Speccy.
- Then the Speccy window appears which displays information about the component specifications on our computer.
- If we want to see the RAM specifications and the operating system, we click on the Summary Menu.
The following are questions and answers about Windows 7 computers, including:
Why is Windows 7 So Slow?
A slow Windows 7 laptop is usually caused by many startup processes that run automatically when the laptop is turned on, as well as by insufficient hardware specifications to operate programs or applications.
Also, a slow operating system may be caused by the accumulation of junk files in the system registry.
What Causes Slow Loading Laptops?
The third reason for a slow loading laptop is a problem with the hard drive. Regardless of whether the hard disk storage space has been filled or the hard disk capacity has been reached, because the hard disk itself has an age limit.
What to do so that the laptop doesn't slow down?
- Using Applications as a Need Excessive use of RAM is one of the causes of slow laptops.
- Clean Desktop. Another cause of a slow laptop on a desktop is the large number of applications running simultaneously.
- Virus Scanner Strictly Works. Viruses on laptops or computers can also be one of the causes of decreased PC performance.
- Use memory for the appropriate application. Laptop users must know the specifications of the laptop they have. Users must also install applications according to the characteristics of the laptop.
- Expand system RAM. The most effective technique for overcoming slowness on a laptop is to increase RAM capacity.
- Cleaning the Laptop Interior The presence of dust on a laptop may also be one of the causes of a slow laptop.
- Using a Thermoplastic Paste To keep the CPU cool, a substance known as thermal paste can be applied to the processor.
- Using a Netbook Cooler Don't forget to keep your laptop cool by using a netbook cooler. The use of a second fan offers the great benefit of reducing the laptop's temperature from getting too high.
As a result, we've broken down what computer specs are, why they're useful, and seven different ways to look at them. By reading the information above, we will no longer be confused about how to look at the specifications of the computer.
To meet the minimum specifications of the software or game used. And we wouldn't be fooled into buying a new computer.