4 Ways to Connect CCTV to the Latest Cellphone
Rancakmedia.com - In the following, we will provide information on how to connect CCTV to a cellphone, making it easier to monitor the environment around you.
Many tools have been updated to reflect the advancement of time and technology. A good illustration of this is the ability to connect CCTV to a smartphone.
Then how do you connect to CCTV on a cell phone, you have to do the installation steps which are a bit complicated. However, the inconvenience will be outweighed by the reward you will get as a result.
You will be able to watch any site that has CCTV installed from your mobile anywhere and anytime. In this method, the use of CCTV will be far more optimal and can greatly reduce the danger of outsider crime.
How to set up a CCTV connection remotely via cellphone
Some vendors or CCTV installation service providers have, on average, increased the type of technology they use. Most CCTV can be accessed online and can be watched through various devices such as mobile phones (various OS) and computers using the internet.
To be able to carry out remote surveillance using a mobile phone, you don't have to use a Public Static IP. You can take advantage of the internet-only monitoring feature from IndiHome whose IP is Public Dynamic by implementing a capability called DDNS.
Only a smartphone and internet network are needed to open and watch CCTV cameras that are outside the nearest area using this feature. In addition, the ability to access how to connect CCTV to cellphones can also be done on the internet network from a local provider's cellular data package.
To be able to do this monitoring, generally you can use services in the form of cloudP2P facilities. On average, this feature has been provided by DVR (Digital Video Record) vendors.
You might as well state that all left DVR versions include an embedded port for Ethernet or LAN which handles the TCP/IP protocol. Internet access is accessible for this to be possible.
If the camera on your CCTV already utilizes the TCP/IP protocol, then it can be monitored directly via a cell phone using the internet without a DVR. But you can also input IP CCTV into DVR and set DVR to be seen via internet.
You have to make sure you have a TCP/IP port or not. If not, you can still plug it in your DVR so you can watch it online. In addition, make sure the CCTV system that you install can be connected to the internet network.
How to connect CCTV to cellphones using P2P Cloud Access is believed to be much easier and you don't have to have a Public IP like the DDNS version. As a result, it is more adaptable and easier to use.
You need to realize, when accessing CCTV DVR, you will need upload bandwidth. Because in this action CCTV actually sends photos to the internet.
How to Use P2P Cloud Access for CCTV Connections to Cellphones
This service is often provided by CCTV installation companies and other parties in the vicinity. The P2P Cloud Access service is also known for free without any additional costs when you want to activate it to watch CCTV remotely.
There are many conditions that you must set before you can use Cloud Access P2P. As a result of the following circumstances:
- Add an internet network to the CCTV DVR or to the CCTV IP Camera.
- Register for a Cloud Access P2P account.
- Enter your P2P Cloud Access account on the website of the CCTV DVR vendor or provider and also the CCTV IP Camera.
How does it work and what are the advantages
This P2P Cloud access is seen using a digital server that you can access online and observe what is happening via CCTV.
There will be an attempt to contact the vendor's relay server when you connect the CCTV DVR to the internet network. A CMS or VMS that supports P2P Cloud Access should be used in this situation.
After starting the application, you will be able to access the CCTV DVR that is already connected to the relay server.
If you use this P2P Cloud Access feature and the CCTV method to connect to your cellphone, you can get various benefits. Here are some of the advantages:
- This feature is ideal for those who are not experienced in how CCTV systems work. Because you won't be doing a complicated manual installation.
If all prerequisites are in place, you can use the internet to view footage from the nearest CCTV camera on your smartphone.
- Hacking bots will not be able to scan CCTV DVRs used to watch online via mobile. It also won't be easily hacked directly by criminals.
- Provider-controlled P2P Cloud access with full functionality. you don't have to do anything.
You can only hope that the vendor can improve network security against hacker attacks as part of this control.
- Very easy access via cellphone, tablet or PC through the CMS/VMS application with internet.
How to use it
Here are the steps to activate this feature if you are interested:
P2P Cloud Access Activation
- To get started, log in as an admin to your DVR.
- Look for the “Configuration” menu and the “Network” menu selection tab after a successful login.
- When you are in the advanced settings menu, select “Platform Access” from the drop-down menu.
- To enable P2P Cloud Access, you can add a check mark next to the words "Enable".
- Then add the "Verification Code" and if you have pressed the "Save" button. By using this code, you can enter the VMS/CMS program.
When P2P Cloud Access on the CCTV DVR is active, then do the account registration process. Here's how:
- Visit the CCTV DVR provider site. Using the HIKVISION trademark and the site “hik-connect.com”, for example, and accessing the “Register” button.
- After that you will be directed to the form filling page and fill in all the fields according to the data requested by the system.
- Fill in the email address to get the verification code and enter the code in the pop-up form that opens.
- If you've made it this far, congrats! You now have a P2P Cloud Access account and are ready to proceed.
- You can also register an account using a mobile application, especially by downloading the CMS or VMS application from a CCTV DVR provider. For example, HIKVISION, the name of the application is "iVMS 4500".
- After that, run the application and select the country where you are.
- Then you can press the triple strip button on the top left corner and inside you can find “Cloud P2P” option.
- Then press the "Register" button at the very bottom.
- Enter an active email address and fill in the verification code sent to the email.
- Set up an account with a username and password for future use on the VMS.
DVR List in P2P Cloud Access App
If you have activated P2P Cloud Access on the CCTV DVR and have created an account, then to manage it, you must also use the P2P Cloud Access platform.
Adding a CCTV DVR that is already connected to the P2P Cloud Access will be the next step. Here's how:
- Visit the CCTV DVR provider site. HIKVISION, for example, can use “hik-connect.com” to access its website.
- In the “Device Management” menu, select “Add.” Then enter the serial number of your CCTV DVR device on this internet page.
- If you are asked for a verification code, fill in the code you generated in Cloud Access P2P during the “Activation” stage earlier in this code.
- When the DVR is online, you can use the P2P Cloud Access application and the internet to access DVC CCTV from any device.
Seeing the CCTV Connection on the HP
To view CCTV on your cellphone, you can use the default application from the DVR vendor. An app, browser or PC are all options for gaining access to this form.
If you are using the HP app, you can select DVR from the list on the first screen and then select Live View from the list. While in the CMS/VMS application, you can select the DVR list and select Live View.
How to Setting CCTV Connection to HP Via Dynamic Domain Name Server (DDNS)
If the DVR does not offer P2P Cloud Access, it is highly recommended that you use DDNS to access CCTV footage from your mobile. DDNS is also usually an option when a CCTV user wants to create a unique CCTV display network setup.
Indeed, compared to P2P Cloud Access, DDNS is much more difficult. But the upside is that you may have more freedom to be creative. Because everything is in your own control and can be changed according to your needs.
The premise is the same as when you enter a local server via the internet, where the local server is considered as a CCTV DVR. The main criteria for carrying out this method is that you have access to the router and it must also receive a Public IP from the internet provider.
How does Dynamic Domain Name Server work
Most Public IPs are dynamic, that is, when restarted, they will change. In addition, manual checking of Public IP is required before using this DDNS method.
As a result, checking it regularly would be a pain due to its dynamic nature. The solution for this DDNS is that you can use only the hostname.
Because the DDNS provider has created an application which is continuously updated when the Public IP changes. So the DDNS feature is only to make it easier to change dynamic Public IPs.
Unlike the P2P Cloud Access, you will connect to client devices via the internet using this DDNS. Meanwhile, P2P Cloud Access uses a relay server before connecting to the CCTV DVR.
This DDNS service is also subject to a fee to obtain the service. Hackers may find it easier to check for vulnerabilities in this kind of DDNS because of this. Because when you use DDNS, you open a route to the CCTV DVR. Hackers can potentially gain access to devices and networks at this point.
How to Use Dynamic Domain Name Servers
Following are the steps to connect CCTV to cellphone using DDNS
Register a DDNS Account and Create a Host
To get started, you need to sign up for a DDNS service and set up a new host. Most service providers charge some type of fee.
But if you want to just try to take advantage of sites like dnsdynamic.org, NoIP.com, changeIP.com, dynu.com, dyn.com, hik.onlineect.com, and others. -other.
Apart from the names above, you can search for DDNS providers on the internet. The free trial is only valid for 30 days, after which you will have to pay to continue using the service.
Create Hostname or Domain Name
The next step is to use the domain from your DDNS to create the hostname. This hostname will be used for the online CCTV DVR address so that it can be accessed via the internet network.
For example here using the No.IP.com site, on the main page you can select the words "Dynamic DNS" then enter the "Hostnames" menu. Then select "Create Hostnames" and create a new name in the "Hostname" column according to your preference.
Press "Create Host" after filling in the "Domain" column.
Settings for DDNS Updater
you just need to install DDNS Updater here to give DDNS server information about dynamic Public IP.
As a result, when an update is performed on a Public IP, the domain or host will automatically use the latest one. Here are the steps:
- Enter your CCTV DVR to the parameters recommended by the vendor.
- After that, select the “Network” option and select “Basic Settings”.
- In that menu you can select the “DDNS” tab and add a tick next to the small phrase “Enable DDNS”.
- Fill in the information in the following fields, such as Hostname, according to the DDNS that you created earlier.
- Finally press "Save".
This setting is intended so that when accessing the host via the internet using DDNS it can be directed to the IP Private DVR CCTV on the local network.
Only devices with public IP addresses can use Port or Port Forwading settings. To get started, you'll need to identify the DVR's Private IP address and the corresponding port number. The trick is to enter the CCTV DVR settings.
After that select the “Network” section, select the “Basic Settings” menu option again and click the “Port” tab. The Private IP address is shown here. Mikrotik router must also be configured using Port Forwading. Here's how:
- First, you can enter and login to Mikrotik.
- After that, select the menu that says "IP" and next to it "Firewall".
- To find and add “NAT” terms, click the button (“Add”) or the “+” sign.
- For the "Chain" section select "dstnat" then "Protocol" enter "6(tcp)" and "Port" enter the port on your CCTV DVR.
- The ISP's public IP address can be used to populate the In.Interface field.
- After that, go to the “Actions” tab and enter the relevant data.
- If you don't have a Mirkotik Router, you can use a Modem Router to set Port Forwading. Since each internet provider is unique, you should make the necessary adjustments using this method.
CCTV Connection Via HP
- For starters, CCTV DVR vendors advise you to download the CMS application to your cellphone.
- After that, on the main page, go to the “Devices” section and select “Manual Add”.
- Then you can select the option with the words "Register mode" and select "IP/Domain".
- Just enter the admin host that you already have.
- Enter the dst.port port and the DDNS username and password previously created on dst.port.
- You can start viewing Live View by selecting the devices that have been added and selecting “Live View”.
Access CCTV on PC
- Download the PC version of the CMS application.
- Go to the “Tools” section then to “Device Management” and select “Servers”.
- Select “IP/Domain” from the “Add Device” drop-down menu next to the “Encoding Device” section.
- Enter the form with your best information, then select “Live View” if available.
The times have made it easier for you to access CCTV connections to remote cellphones. So with this development, you can keep tabs on what's going on in real-time and potentially prevent crime more quickly.
How to Connect CCTV to Android & iPhone Phones
If you are interested in how to connect CCTV to a cellphone, it's a good idea to listen to some of the reviews below. In order to quickly connect your phone, you'll want to know exactly what steps you need to take.
How to set CCTV cameras to Android phones
If you want to connect CCTV to Android phone. You can use various methods which will be explained below. Read more:
Prepare CCTV in advance
The first thing to do is to install CCTV first. This is done so that this device can work properly and there are no interruptions, especially those related to technical difficulties.
Place the CCTV Position Correctly
CCTV can work effectively and be used to carry out the security process, as long as it is in the right position. What does this mean that the CCTV position is not too high or not too low.
In this way, all parts of the area can be protected by CCTV. If there is a problem or disturbance, you can immediately check or watch the recording, the CCTV will not be stolen by other irresponsible people.
CCTV and DVR Can Turn On
Make sure the CCTV camera is turned on first. CCTV cameras can turn on if they get the right power supply. Also, verify whether the camera's IP address is set to “connected” mode or not.
DVR is the next item on the to-do list. This utility is used to save. All recordings and data collected from the camera will remain here and can then be accessed at any time desired.
CCTV connection with the Internet
The next step is to ensure the effective operation of CCTV by connecting it to the internet. This can be done by two alternative methods. However, not all of them are acceptable for connecting to a cell phone, both can be used.
- Using P2P Cloud Access
This first method is widely used because the user does not need to have public IP access in the first place. So, they can immediately access easily.
- Using DNS
DNS is used in a different way from the previous examples. If you want to access the internet this way, then one has to know the public IP first.
CCTV Cloud Peer to Peer (P2P) Connection
After the DVR is active and directly connected to the internet. The next process is P2P cloud access. Read more below:
- Make sure the connection is operating properly. This is done so that the DVR connects to a delay server accessible at the vendor.
- Enable P2P Cloud Access on the DVR. Create to see if you are also connected to the internet.
- Enter the DVR. To use Cloud Access P2P, you must first log in as an administrator. It is found in 'Network' under the term Cloud P2P Setting or Platform Access. There will be a verification code to add the DVR to the app.
- After the DVR gets internet access, the 'Register Status' will change to Online. Refresh the page to do this.
- Install the DVR vendor VMS/CMS.
- Device management can be found in the menu select Tools. Proceed by clicking on the 'Server Tab'.
- Add New Device Type, check the device and click 'OK'.
- Once logged in, click Add Device. Continue by entering the DVR serial number that you already have.
- The final process is clicking 'OK'.
After everything is done, you have to download some applications needed to connect to the DVR. Once available for Android, this app will be installed.
Android phones can run a variety of applications, including the following:
- Cloud ATVs
The steps outlined above to connect CCTV camera to mobile via WiFi should be considered. Step by step, the CCTV will stop working.
How to set up a CCTV connection to an iPhone cell phone
The iPhone can also be used to simply view CCTV data on a computer or television. The following methods can be used to treat it:
- Download the application that will be used to connect the iPhone to CCTV. IDMSS is one of the applications that has been included in the system.
- The first step is to open the app once it is properly installed. If it is open select the camera menu.
- A new page will appear that must be filled. The top should be filled with P2P.
- In SN, enter the DVR code. Admin is the username that should be used. The password is also admin.
- Tap Start Live Preview.
- Select a channel or camera to view.
Until here the process is complete. The process is nearly identical to what you'd find on an Android phone. It's just that this conversation is made more concise because it won't repeat the same information.
Things that must be considered
There are various things that must be considered if you want to take advantage of CCTV using a cellphone. Read more below:
If you want to see what's on the CCTV, you need access to someone else's stable internet. Why is that? Because the data that must be collected if you have to access video is quite a lot compared to just sound or images.
If you want to clearly observe what is in front of the CCTV, the internet connection is limited to make it more stable. Visuals will be removed, allowing you to have a more comprehensive understanding of the situation.
Settings Must Be Correct
Next is the process of filtering or setting the cellphone to be certain. If this cannot be done, then there is a possibility that installed apps will not be able to successfully connect to the DVR.
As a result, the DVR code or serial number must be recorded at all times. Don't make the wrong entry and end up not being able to access the CCTV that you have.
The app Compatibility Is key
It doesn't matter if it's Android or iPhone, not all apps are available for download. Make sure the app is installed successfully and the connection is also compatible with the DVR.
How to connect CCTV to a cellphone might be done easily as long as you understand how. You can use a cell phone that can be used for good things.
Watching your child sleep, for example, can help you reduce stress before you go to work. In addition, it can be used anytime to keep an eye on the area around the house to ensure its safety.
Vendors or CCTV installation service providers on average have increased the type of technology they use. Most CCTV can be accessed online and can be viewed through different devices such as mobile phones and computers using the internet.
HP Cloud Access and DDNS Method to Integrate IP Cameras. How to connect CCTV to HP using Cloud Access P2P is believed to be much easier and you don't have to have a Public IP like the DDNS version.
This service is also known for free without additional costs when you want to activate it to watch CCTV remotely.