How to Change Account Name on FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok
Rancakmedia.com – When creating an account on social media, you must enter an account name, if you are bored with your name, you can change it. How to change account names on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok are different, here's how to change them easily.
As an account name, most users choose one or two syllables from the given name. Some individuals, on the other hand, choose to use a fictitious identity that has nothing to do with their real name.
If necessary, we may change the name of the social media account at a later time. Rename your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok accounts with these simple steps.
There are various procedures that a user may perform to change the account name on Facebook. This step can be completed on a laptop or desktop computer using a browser. As you can see, there are many stages:
- Log in to Facebook using your preferred web browser.
- Access to the account you provided.
- Select the icon with a downward-facing triangle in the upper-right corner of your screen or home page.
- Select the “settings & privacy” option, continue by selecting “settings”, then click the “general” menu.
- After that, go to the username menu and select “Edit”.
- The desired new account name can be entered by the user.
- By clicking “save changes”, you are done.
Instagram users can change account names in a fairly easy way, as illustrated below:
- At first, users can create an Instagram account.
- Select the login option and proceed to access the account profile.
- Select “username” from the “edit profile” drop-down menu.
- Then enter the new user account name as prompted.
- On the top right corner of your screen, there is a check symbol which you have to click to complete the process.
For users who still want to use the previous username, Instagram gives 14 days to make adjustments.
On Twitter, usernames always start with an “@” sign. Then the user must choose a username consisting of 4-15 characters, including letters, numbers, underscores and written without spaces.
Here are the steps to change the account name on Twitter.
- Log in to your Twitter account using a mobile device
- Click the profile photo in the top left corner of the screen
- Select the “settings and privacy” option > Account > Username
- Create a new account name. Make sure the account name we provide has not been used by anyone else and is 4-15 characters long
- When finished, click the “done” button
Like other social media, account names on TikTok can also be changed. The approach is as described below:
- Open the TikTok application on your cellphone
- Log in and explore our TikTok profile
- Click “edit profile” > “username”
- Please type your new account name in the space provided.
- Finally, press the "save" button.
This is an article about How to Change Account Names on FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok. Of the 4 applications that we mentioned have different ways of changing account names, you must follow the steps above in order to change the name of your social media account.